Monday, February 15, 2010

in these deep city lights, girl could get lost tonight

what i have realized about my job in a private preschool:
- private preschools, just like private university's don't feel the need to observe holidays that pretty much everyone else does, i.e. president's day.
- figuring out the benefits through a private preschool is a lot harder than working for a public school.
- taking a development class apparently isn't paid for by the school, but must be by yourself out of pocket.
- no matter how much the little things drive me crazy i still love working with children. :)

all of these things are driving me crazy. it would have been so nice to be able to sleep in today, but we had to take a development class as a staff that we had to pay for out of pocket. so annoying and ridiculous. plus the benefits would be so much easier to figure out if my boss actually answered my questions instead of sending me on a wild goose chase. good lord. i feel like i am running around like a chicken with my head cut off.

valentine's day this year wasn't as terrible as i thought it was going to be. it's still not my favorite holiday, but i deal with it. i was actually surprised this year with a beautiful bouquet of lilies. :) when i opened the door i was totally surprised when the lady said they were for me. at first, not gonna lie i was scared to open the card for fear of who they could possibly be from given the past few months, but thankfully they were from my wonderful valentine who is all the way across the world right now. and then i was surprised with a bottle of wine and chocolates from my other valentine. all around a pretty good day.

my taxes are sitting on my dresser yelling at me. well my w-2's that is. telling me to get them done asap so i don't have to deal with them later. i know they don't take very long, but i would rather just have them done without having to do any of the work. that would be much nicer.

it's only monday and i am already exhausted. stupid work day on a holiday wore me out. stupid inventory/cleaning/organizing.

No comments: