Sunday, March 29, 2009

the king he waited on my door steps while the joker and me went on our way

the last day of spring break.

spring break consisted of me procrastinating to the point of getting really not a lot accomplished on my work sample. i have almost all my unit goals, which is a start, but not much. though i was able to finally get my food stamps back (thank goodness), figure out stupid edzapp and get 75% of that done, catch up on 4 weeks of posting for my learning communities class and for sure catch up on my sleep. too bad my sleep schedule is going to be totally screwed up for the whole week.

my stupid work sample is killing me. i don't know where to start. 6th grade is so much more different than 2nd grade. it's driving me up the wall. luckily i have a meeting with mike on monday to talk about it and hopefully it can help me out with it. they are just so much older than 2nd graders and their able to process a lot more, i just don't how to get it all down in a lesson plan for them to be able to do that. meh. i am just hoping that darcy isn't going to mind that i don't have anything ready for monday. i figured they are going to need time to work on their famous person research and such. since none of them are going to be ready for thursday night. meh.

i am surrounded by all this information, papers, books, binders and it feels like i am learning all of this for the first time. it's rather annoying. how the heck am i supposed to teach 6th graders about the aztec, inca and maya if i don't even freaking remember any of it. ugh.

pizza tonight for dinner. wonderful. that way i won't have to make lunch either. love it. :) plus i have free coffee for tomorrow morning. :)

new music and artists. :) went to the gavin degraw concert on friday and angel taylor opened for him. :) amazing. videos will come in a bit. i miss having a chance to always listen to music. it has been on constantly no matter where i have been this break. and i miss that. and finding new artists. and stealing music from people.

i have decided i need to start making more lists. obviously of what i need to do daily. but i want to make an actual life list. there is so much i want to do with my life. and apparently i have to start thinking about graduation gifts too. eek.

speaking of graduation... apparently there are only 55 more days till graduation. which means there are only 47 more days till i am done with my student teaching. soooo crazy. it's coming up so fast and it's scary. and what makes it even more scary is the fact that i have no idea what i am going to do after that. ugh. and i still need to find a dress for graduation. any ideas?

off to pick up pizza and hopefully get some sort of sleep tonight.

No comments: