Wednesday, September 3, 2008

desperation there's danger in frustration

its been a long time since i have posted. there's a lot to catch up on, and really i just needed to vent to someone.

first the month of august was crazy. worked for half of it full time, then i started training for orientation for ambassadors. then came orientation and moving in the new freshman and such. that was a lot of work, but it paid off in the end. :) my birthday was the second day of orientation. it was a lot of fun, even if i had to work for part of it.

after a very long day of moving freshman in and then gilbert residents in and real world practice i went home trying not to fall asleep. next thing i know donald and dani are waking me up with my two favorite liquor's, Kahlua and Bailey's. it was wonderful. my mom came up and took me to macaroni grill for lunch where she bought me my first legal drink, an italian strawberry raspberry margarita. it was good. then more orientation. afterwards, my roommate, housemates and some friends all went into portland for dinner at kel's. in which time i finally got my present from my roommate that she had been bragging about forever. she bought me a coach purse. i screamed like a zillion times before we even left the house.

then school started on the 25th and that brings me to the present. i am only taking 12 credits this semester, which is nice for my student teaching and work schedule. which also brings to me why i need to vent. i freaking hate the college of education as of late. so i got my mentor teachers that i would be working with for the year. i have tried to email them over the summer and got nothing. so i emailed again once school started and that just created such a mess. after finally talking with debbie, who is really rude by the way, i have learned that my 2nd grade mentor teacher doesn't want me, but a flex student that can be in her classroom all day everyday. so now i am down a placement. they are checking to see if the 4th grade teacher is still willing to work with me and if not then i am screwed big time. all of this is sort of vital to have taken care of already because i need to be working on my work sample and start getting my 30 hours in the classroom in. so needless to say the college of education has screwed up once again and aren't taking the blame or fixing their mistakes. and the students are getting screwed in the end. ugh.

meh. other than that mess, classes are going alright. my sociology of the families is really interesting and i think it will probably be one of my favorite classes this semester. now psychology is a different story. i dread that class everyday. not fun at all. actually rather boring. my last methods class is going to be interesting. and then my work sample... well we all know how that is going.

i was also informed yesterday by debbie, that what i was wearing wasn't appropriate to wear inside the classroom. no freaking kidding. goodness. i went to one class in the morning and then work. she told me that i need to dress appropriately. no shit. hence why she was so rude. i have been in other classrooms and i am not stupid.

though this did bring up the idea that i am going to need to invest in more "work" shirts and heels or nice shoes. so this might bring on a shopping trip this weekend. :) shopping therapy is always a good thing.

alright i need to go and make something for dinner and then try and breathe and relax and figure out what i need to do for homework tonight. then its off to 4 hours of class. oh joy. i think dutch brothers is going to be needed.

No comments: