Sunday, September 19, 2010

pictures of you, pictures of me, remind us all, of what we used to be

so i went from having one job to having two jobs in a matter of days. i will be working in the child development center i am currently at during the day. two nights during the week/weekend i will be babysitting/nannying for a family. i believe they are my second cousin's. i'm related to them somehow, but not entirely sure. every little bit helps i guess.

even though i do have both of these jobs and all, it's still not entirely what i want to do for the rest of my life. i want to be able to get a job within a school district teaching. i want to be able to have the opportunity to further my education and use my degree to it's full extent. there are times when i know that one day i will be able to do this and then there are times when i am scared that i am never going to have the opportunity to do so. it scares me. a lot.

don't get me wrong, where i am at now is fine and i am managing to get things into place. but i know i could do so much better. i want to be able to make a difference in a child's life. i want to be able to say that i did something more than normal. i want to see a child succeed and know that i was part of that greatness. i know that i see this where i am at now, but it isn't the same.

No comments: