Wednesday, April 9, 2008

heaven can wait, we're only watching the skies, hoping for the best but expecting the worst

wednesdays help me stay sane. they help me take a step back and breathe. help me refocus my thoughts.

speaking of thoughts... i have been all over the place lately. trying to focus on school and all the work i have to do, but my mind has been elsewhere... on things i really don't have control over but can't help thinking about. it's really hard and sometimes it just consumes me.

taught my first lesson today in my field experience classroom. it was a little rough... being that there are 3 students who are a handful and require a lot of special attention, far more than only one teacher can give. so what turned into a 50 minutes reading lesson ended in around 2 hours... lets just say that is something i am not looking forward to.

i guess that is one of the many things that scares me about teaching. me not being able to control my classroom and getting nothing accomplished. me not being prepared enough. or me just failing all together. i know i have a whole year left, half of it being my student teaching so 5 months of practice, but it still scares me.

finished one of my many lesson plans i have to write over the next few days. i am actually pretty excited for this lesson. it should be a lot of fun. :] now i need to write my one on poetry and limericks but that would require i book which i still need to go hunt down. which means i need to walk over to the library and hope that they have it.

so my wonderful bruise that i got while playing in my softball game is getting bigger and darker daily. i have this nice lump in the center of it that hurts really bad. and it doesn't help when people touch it either... like little 2nd grade boys. i really wanted to scream at him today, but i didn't, my mentor teacher sent him to the principals office instead since that was his third strike.

this weekend is going to be fun. well part of it at least. i get to see my parents and they are coming to lu'au with me and dani. well more like dani is coming with us, since my sister can't come cause of stupid soccer. but its still gonna be fun. the other half is gonna consist of doing a lot of homework and projects... not so much fun.

new favorite song = forever young by youth group. listening to it over and over. :]

okay i need to make my way to the library to hopefully find that book so i can write my next lesson plan. and then hopefully start working on my take-home midterm for friday's class.

meh... <3

No comments: