Sunday, November 27, 2011

take my breath away...

this past week was thanksgiving, and it marks my first thanksgiving outside the USA and away from my family. even though i wasn't near my family and friends back in the states, i still have a lot to be thankful for. sometimes i forget what i have and thanksgiving was a time to remember. 

i am thankful first and foremost for my family. even though i am thousands of miles away, thanks to technology, i was able to skype with them on thanksgiving before they ate dinner. it wasn't the same as being there, but i am thankful for my family and i love them dearly. especially adorable little girls. who just so happened to call me on skype the other day around 2am my time. the reason for the call in the middle of the night... savannah needed my aunt's cell phone number to call her and couldn't find it. so instead of waking up her brother who was home, she called me in south korea. how adorable is that? made my night. 


i am thankful for my friends, both at home and here in korea. i spent my actual thanksgiving night with a great friend having indian food for dinner and then doing some shopping. on saturday, i hosted a thanksgiving dinner for a group of friends. it was awesome to hang out and enjoy a home cooked meal with some awesome friends. the food was great, the company was great and it was wonderful. i couldn't have asked for more for my first thanksgiving abroad. 


i am thankful for my job. i have such an amazing opportunity to experience so much. all while using my degree and my teaching license. i get the opportunity to travel. meet some amazing people. not only make money, but save money. experience a new culture. i can pay my loans without fear that i am going to run out of money that month.


i am thankful for the roof over my head. with my job comes a free apartment. now while my apartment isn't the biggest, it has grown on me and i love it. i have made it my own. with pictures and such. recently with christmas lights. and soon with a christmas tree. 



i am thankful for my education. i have been given the opportunity to use my education for teaching here in korea. i have also recently decided to further my education and i am happy with what i have been doing with it so far. it's been an interesting ride and i am looking forward to continuing. 

i know in the next 3 months, there are going to be a lot of changes in my life as far as job, living situation, school, etc. and i am just gonna have to remember everything that i have. 

1 comment:

Mumsey said...

Reading your blog makes me realize how proud I am of you... of the wonderful and caring adult you've become and of the fact that you're my daughter. I can't tell you how much I miss you cause words can't describe it. I miss your hugs the most and seeing your beautiful smiling face. I know that you have big decisions to make in the next few months and I wish you the best of luck. I love you, Mychaela!