Tuesday, July 5, 2011

sweetness in starlight...

my life as of late has turned into something of a routine. here's an update with things going on...

let's start with the massive amounts of countdowns i have going on right now:

5 days till my entire summer camp workbook is due... am i done. of course not. that means i would have been on top of things and not procrastinated. good thing i am excellent at busting out lesson plans and ideas. 4 days of camp to bust out.

12 days until the last day of my 1st semester teaching in korea. it can't come soon enough. my kids have checked out. and i am ready for vacation.

15 days till 2 weeks of summer camp. 3rd-5th graders for 4 hours a day for 2 weeks. at least i won't have to deal with the monsters that are my 6th graders.

37 DAYS till Team Thailand takes their big adventure for 16 days to the wonderful country! this is the best and most important countdown. it really is the one that keeps me going everyday. it's the one that makes dealing with my devil 6th graders sort of worth it.

there are more countdowns, but those are all a long ways off. like the countdown to my co-teacher leaving me to move to paraguay for a new teaching job. or the start of the new semester. or others heading home. it's going to be so weird when so many people leave before me.

i think i have decided that while i am here in korea i want to get lasik surgery. i have thought about it for years, but being in the states without health insurance has made it basically impossible to afford it. even with health insurance it's impossible to afford it. it's like half the price here. there is still a lot of research that would have to go into getting it, but it's definitely on the table as an option.

as some of you may know i made a blonde move saturday night when i went out. we started out at oversound for the tumblr meet-up dani wanted to go to. this lead to us to pick up a few people and moved to another bar. from there we enjoyed the rest of our evening. at one point i decided to leave, so i grabbed my purse and was out the door. about 1.5-2 hours later when i was trying to pay for something, i then realized my wallet was not in my purse. *INSERT MAJOR FREAK OUT HERE* my phone was dead, which resulted in more of a freak out. thankfully the friend i was with had a phone and i was able to finally get a hold of steph, who thankfully told me dani grabbed it. everything was okay... but not really.

monday dani and i met at myeong-dong so i could get my wallet back. i had her check to see if everything was in my wallet, something i forgot to do saturday night. turns out my korean citibank card was stolen as was the cash from my wallet and a t-money transit card that didn't work. "INSERT MINOR FREAK OUT HERE" after finally finding the English speaking number for citibank, i was able to cancel my card and get reissued a new one. and to make things better, whoever stole my card from my wallet, didn't actually use it. so after all of this i only lost 20,000won (basically $20).

lesson learned... make sure your wallet is in your purse. or have someone else make sure for you. i should be getting a new card by the end of this week.

No comments: