Monday, September 26, 2011

look mom, i'm a big kid now!

as of this morning around 8:45am, i am officially a graduate student! i will be pursuing my master's of education in curriculum and instruction: reading with an emphasis in elementary education through grand canyon university; which is based out of arizona. 

since i am currently in south korea, i will be doing classes online through their online program. once i make it back to the states, i have the option of continuing and finishing my degree online, or i could always move to arizona and finish up my classes in an actual class on campus. right now, i have no idea what i am going to do come 5 months from now. i am just going to deal with what i have on my plate right now and go from there. 


my program should take me between 17-18 months to complete. i have 9 classes or 34 credits to complete over the course of that time. all of the work is done online, posting my assignments, sending my homework, interacting with the other students and even the practicum class i am required to take at the end. i was told if i wanted to switch to the campus after i come back to the states, i can also do that. so there would be an option to move to arizona if i wanted. 


as of right now i should be starting my classes next thursday. pending my account being set up and my transcripts from pacific showing proof that i hold a bachelor's degree already. 


cue freak out: omg i'm starting graduate school next week!! eek! 


this is really happening!

3 comments:

Mumsey said...

I am SO incredibly proud of you! I know that you will succeed at whatever you do. You're an amazing teacher and you have the gift of working with children. Not everyone can say that. You take after your Grandma Susie... (tears...) She is looking down from Heaven and has a huge smile on her face. I love you, Sis!

megsterdoodle said...

love Love LOVE! congrats again, & let me know if you need any help :)

sara said...

congrats, lady! i dont know wether my advice would be to stay away from arizona or not. it has it perks though! some of it include being tan all year round and not from tanning booths, being able to go on adventures outside in the middle of january and you wont die of hypothermia, the awesome little towns a couple hours away from phoenix, and a pretty decent music scene. but thats about it. either way, congrats again! welcome to the cool kids club!