Sunday, March 6, 2011

something keep telling me, she's back isn't she

after a very long week of unpacking, attempting to gain some sort of sleep schedule, being taken in many different directions around town and slowly getting introduced to all the teachers and students in my school i have finally been able to take record of my room. i decided to go ahead and take a video of it while i talked about my room rather than taking a bunch of pictures. much easier. so below is a video of my house where i will be living for the next year.




yesterday dani and i met up at the insadong market in seoul. that will be a seperate post with a few pictures. it was so nice to finally see her after being separated within seconds after making it out of the airport in incheon. next weekend is already in the works...

i am going to be doing a lot more adventuring and getting to know my neighborhood a lot more starting today. since i am going to be here for the next year, i really need to get adjusted to things so that it will be easy to get around. i need to go to the store today and find some slippers of some kind for my house. in korea you take your shoes off when you enter your house. you do not wear them around the house. it is considered rude. well my floor is constantly dusty, no matter how much i clean it, so instead of ruining my socks i need to get some slippers. though i am loving the heated floors. a girl could get used to that.

you will see in the video that my washing machine is below my stove... very weird. and there is no dryers. i already miss them. i did my first load of laundry last night... what a nightmare. all of the words are in korean so i can't read it. i am not sure i used it right. i don't think it runs like a normal washing machine over here. i ended up having to take my clothes out after it was "done" and i had to rinse them in the sink because there was still soap all over them. it was extremely frustrating. i am hoping that isn't how it is going to be the whole time i am here or i am never going to want to do laundry. ever. it's also going to take me two days to dry everything i wash.

the last thing i need to do on my list is go to immigration to get my alien card. hoping to do that in the next couple of days. after that i need to open my bank account. though dani stated that i could go and do that before i have my card. i would just need to go back into the bank to show them i have my card. we will see what my teacher says.

now i must crack down and bust out some lesson plans. it's super easy to write a lesson plan for my lessons. way easier than any lesson plan i have ever written in the states!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the video, Sis. Your apartment looks nice and it's all neat and clean...which doesn't surprise me. I hope you are able to get some food in your cupboards and fridge. If you think of anything else you need, sweetheart, let us know.
I love you and miss you lots!
Mumsey

Anonymous said...

Love the video ... :) You should consider directing movies, LOL. Lots of space which is awesome ... and I really liked the look of the floors ... reminds me of our house. Thanks for posting ... way cool. Love you, AT

Krystal Mendoza said...

that's so awesome! sounds like korean is turning out to be amazing. I really do want to try to do what you'll be doing for a year, next year. so, until then, I will live vicariously through you! hope your adventures in korea turn out to be fruitful. :o)

-Krystal

Dani said...

"And here's my third closet..."
So jealous! haha!

Love you Roooooooommate!

Marcel & MaryBeth said...

Looks nice! So glad to know there are adventurous people like you and Dani to move across the world. We're looking all over for Marcel to have a music teaching job next year, but we're staying in the states :) Can't wait to hear more about your fun.