Sunday, March 25, 2012

wish i didn't have this heart, then i wouldn't know the sting of the rain

my mind is seriously all over the place right now, so this blog post is definitely going to be extremely random and have no significant order at all. we'll call it chaotic, which i feel like this is what my life has become. 

so my sleep schedule is completely screwed up right now. with as much as i was stressing about my gigantic homework assignment last week, i was up until god awful hours in the middle of the night plugging away on my computer. while i have slept a significant amount from thursday through last night, i don't think my body is fully caught up with what i lost during the stress. 

BUT.... i am officially done with class number 3 for grad school. which means i am 6 classes away from being done with my master's degree! :) which is extremely exciting. and also a little scary. i can't believe how fast time is going by. i am almost a month into my 2nd contract here in korea as well. crazy stuff. 

my itunes is being really shitty lately... it's seriously playing all the music that i could seriously do without. some of it i am not entirely sure why or even how it got into my itunes in the first place. and if my itunes or my ipod plays one more damn garth brooks song i am going to scream. it's like they are taunting me. good god. 

i actually had a social life this weekend... as opposed to not seeing anyone and spending a good portion of my saturday in the hospital like i did last weekend. yeesh! but saturday was spent sleeping in, or at least as much as my body would let me. for some god awful reason my body naturally wakes up at 7am on the weekend. it's 5:45am during the week, even though i don't have to be up till like 6:30 or so. so after i got up and got ready for the day, i did some necessary retail therapy with roooooooommate. forever21 and H&M like always. scored a cute polka dot tank, a really pretty teal cardigan, 4 pairs of earrings and a set of bangles from forever21. i found an adorable pink lace dress and a teal shirt from H&M. i wish more of the dresses that i tried on fit me, but because i have curves, a butt and boobs, this was not the case this time around. after heading back home, i grabbed dinner and drinks with laura and company. today was spent in itaewon for brunch. as usual. an excellent tradition that has been started. i could get used to it. after brunch we went to what the book and went book hunting... and i actually walked out of there with nothing. shocking i know. then was the adventure to get tony a phone... oh good lord it took so long and the place was sooooooooooo hot. laura and i were dying. 

so i didn't do any homework this weekend, or the prep stuff i brought home from work to do either. and you know what... i'm perfectly okay with that. because i had a social life and it was wonderful. i feel like lately i have become somewhat of a hermit, which is understandable considering most of the time i am swamped with homework and/or work stuff. it helps in the saving of money area of things. cause i'm not going out on the weekend for drinks and staying out all night and i haven't gone shopping all that much lately cause i just don't have the free time. 

so my trip to the hospital last weekend was initiated by my doctor who did my health check a couple months ago. he noticed that my iron levels were low, which i have always known. i'm anemic, so much so that i can't give blood. well he wanted to check to see if my levels had evened out at all. so this required me to have copious amounts of blood drawn and get multiple tests ran. i hate needles. and nurses who don't know how to use them. and hospitals. blech! well turns out i got my results back and my iron levels have gotten even lower. lovely... just lovely. so he informed me i need to start taking iron supplements (which btw are extremely hard to find in korea) and i need to start eating food that is high in iron. which means more red meet and leafy dark greens. guess that means i will have to actually start buying meat here. which is hard when you cook for one person and don't have a working freezer. stupid landlord won't fix my current problem and won't replace it either. 

i also went to the dermatologist cause this stupid korea weather is screwing with my complexion. the stress probably doesn't help either, but i wish i could get it under control. i'm almost 25 freaking years old. i shouldn't have this crap anymore dammit! on the plus side, after my scaling of my face, i get a nice facial treatment. 

my parents sent out my packages on saturday my time. so hopefully i will have them in a week or so. which means i will get my new shoes i ordered from nordstrom, my jeans from AE and my other clothes from LOFT that i ordered online what feels like ages ago. and other things i requested from my parents. i'm excited. :)

we have gone 3 weeks without speaking now. which when i think about it, still upsets me. because this is me and for some ungodly reason i care about you. but i have moved into a stage of anger about it as well. i just don't understand it. so i'm going to continue not to say anything cause i know it's the right thing to do. even though my insides are screaming at me to say something. and i know that i can write this with full knowledge that you aren't actually going to read it.

listening to "cold as stone" by lady antebellum on repeat as i turn out the lights and call it a night. 

No comments: