Monday, August 8, 2011

let it fall, let it fall, let it fall, please don't stop the rain

*don't be fooled by the title of this blog... it's just song lyrics. i would love it if korea would stop raining. i am getting sick of it. stupid typhoon.*


day two of desk warming is moving along just as slow as day number one... but at least i am getting things accomplished. 

since there are only 3 days until steph and i leave for thailand, naturally i have made a to-do list. and because i have ocd, i have broken it down into different categories to make sure i don't forget to do something. plus a packing list. lists, lists, lists... i'm a little ridiculous. 

i have called first tech and citibank, so when i use my cards, they won't freeze my accounts. first tech was just a precaution, hopefully i won't be using it while over there. citibank was a big one since my citibank korea card won't work in thailand. so i am going to transfer my money to my american citibank and use it from there. simple enough right... wrong. calling citibank to tell them i was going to thailand for vacation turned into a 40 minute conversation with a man i could barely understand. 

he could not comprehend the fact that i am living in south korea. (mind you, i called citibank before i left to tell them i was moving to south korea for a year and will be using my card. so it should have been on my account.) after repeating myself 3 times that i was going to be in thailand from the 12th to the 28th of august, he asked when i was coming back to the states. NO NO NO... i am going back to south korea! where i currently live! after being placed on hold 8 different times, explaining to him i live in korea, have for the last 5 months and will until next march, i finally got it worked out. by this time i just wanted off the phone. but i needed partner bank information for when we are in thailand... so i waited 10 minutes and called back, praying i didn't get the same man. thank goodness i didn't. i finally got a nice lady, who i could understand clearly, and she was able to help me no problem, and without putting me on hold. 

this morning i came in and decided i was going to print everything steph and i were going to need. flights, hostel confirmations, trek information, tiger temple information, and key thai phrases. printed and organized by location in a notebook. that was half my list to do. done and done! 

i'm thinking another nap is in order today. i napped for like an hour yesterday. it was wonderful. i love that i am getting paid for 4 full days to do whatever. nap, watch tv shows, prep for my trip, read. i would rather be at home, but if i have to be here i mine as well do something enjoyable. 

my sister is currently in new york visiting her friend. and what does she do... she goes and gets inked. yep that's right, my 18 year old sister, who; after i got my tattoo in college, swore she would never get one; as gone off and gotten her first tattoo. and she has informed me that we are getting one together when i get back from korea. oh my... look what i have created. a monster. 

so there are only so many things that you can do to fill the time for desk warming before you get bored. i still have 2 disks of west wing to finish, which i have been watching 1 a day to have something to do. i have also brought movies to watch. but i get bored with that. so what did i do yesterday, completely reorganized my desk area. cleaned it off, moved my cpu down to the floor. so now i have more desk space. i also learned (by accident) that i have the cord that controls the power to the entire opposite side of the office. 

so i woke up this morning, and the past two mornings, and my eye has been almost swollen shut. thankfully the swelling goes down usually after my shower, but i think i have figured out that i have a stye on the bottom lid of my left eye in the corner. it's rather annoying and i am hoping it goes away before i leave friday. i can't wear my contacts or eye make-up right now. 


apparently i have a quota for my injuries that i am to keep while in thailand. my minimum is 1, which is a given. this is me we are talking about... i will injure myself. thankfully i was told i can go over my quota. but now, i have been given the task of proving sophie wrong about it being impossible for me to get no more than 1 injury on my 16 day trip. you're on sophie! (i have a feeling i will lose, but it's worth a shot!)

 3 days till thailand!! i can't freaking wait.

1 comment:

little sister said...

I am not a monster (: thank you very much. And if you don't want to get one we don't have to. I miss you sister. Love you (: