Sunday, April 19, 2009

so baby drive slow till we run out of road

wow my 100th post already. well this post will be much of a rant. these last 4 days haven't been the greatest. minus the adventure the roommate and i went on yesterday. that was good.

let's start with the positive:
only 34 more days till graduation. thank the lord. who knows how much more of this i can actually take right now. graduation is going to be a big sigh of relief. and accomplishment. :) i still need to call my aunt about my party afterwards. finally bought the things to make my announcements. much cheaper than i thought it was going to be. and cheaper than what the school had to offer. i have my dress, and shoes, and i already have my cap and gown. yay.

the adventure with my roommate was wonderful yesterday. got to do a little shopping, got to eat good food and we enjoyed the nice weather. :) yay for new shorts and a skirt. love it.

the weather is amazing today. and supposed to be even better tomorrow. :) yay! though i will be inside teaching most of the day. and then i will be working all night. joy. but hey it's money so i guess its a fair trade.

now on to the negative... which is quite a long list. like i said, it hasn't been the greatest of days lately.
lets see..... my work sample is killing me. it's awful and i hate it. it doesn't help that my class is awful and they just don't care about anything. i have no freaking clue if they are learning anything at all. and i am frustrated by the whole placement. and apparently it shows according to my supervisor who observed me on thursday. which brings me to the whole reason this weekend has been awful.
i have decided to only do my ECE authorization, which means my 6th grade placement i am right now will not go towards that. i will not finish in their fully to get my elementary authorization to teach. since i am only doing the ECE i will be authorized to teach 3 year olds to 4th grade, which is exactly what i want. so since i have decided to do that, i only have to finish my 6th grade work sample in there and i am done. well i told my 6th grade mentor teacher what i have decided to do and she went ballistic. she told me that my time in there has been a complete waste and that she would rather just be done with all of it and have her class back to just herself and not have me in there at all. but my supervisor told me that i have to finish my work sample in there. so needless to say i am going back to a classroom that the teacher does not want me there. ugh. i hate this. it sucks.

i have been working on my work sample for the past two days not know if i am going to get to finish it. i might just have to start the hell over. which i really freaking hope that doesn't happen. i might actually cry or do some harm of some sort if this is the case. aaahhhhhhh!

the library is driving me insane. i have been here for almost 5 hours. gotten 1.5 lesson plans done. need to do another one and work on my authentic performance task. meh. it's going to be a long night.

off to finish a lesson plan and then the suuuuuuuuuuun for a bit!

No comments: