Monday, June 23, 2008

i've dealt with my ghosts and i've faced all my demons

we are going on a whole week with this migraine. i honestly don't know how to deal with it anymore. very frustrating. went to the doctor's today and all she told me was to take 800mg of ibuprophen 3 times a day. well no shit what do you think i have been doing for the past week. obviously it isn't working. duh. seriously that is all i was told and i was given eye drops for my itchy eyes, which is because of my allergies, not my migraine. i was so mad and annoyed that i even went in. though today my boss lisa told me about these magnetic bracelets that her and her son use to avoid migraines and she said that since they have been wearing them, they have not gotten a migraine. i figured since what i am doing now isn't working i would try something else. so i ordered one and should have it in a couple days. i am hoping it will work.

got my placement assignments for my fall practicum and my student teaching next year. i will be teaching 2nd then 4th grade at terra linda elementary school in portland. although it isn't really portland, more cedar hills area. i am pretty excited about being at that school. but as a whole i am totally scared about student teaching all together. i was reading the little bit of information that they gave us and of the 9 weeks we are required to teach completely solo for a total of 3 weeks. eek. i am sure that is what fall semester is going to be all about in preparing us for it, but i am still scared. not to mention i still have to pass my orela test before any of this. lovely. meh.

this will be the second night that i have brought myself to tears. literally just sitting here one minute and the next i am sobbing. it doesn't help that my allergies are awful or the fact that my migraine is still here.

work tomorrow morning. i am hoping i can make it through tomorrow a little better than i did today. today was really hard.

off to hopefully actually quite possibly maybe sleep.

No comments: